Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday 153: In the Afterlight (The Darkest Minds # 3)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine


Name: In the Afterlight (The Darkest Minds # 3)
Author: Alexandra Bracken
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Release Date: October 28th, 2014
Add the book on Goodreads

Ruby can't look back. Fractured by an unbearable loss, she and the kids who survived the government's attack on Los Angeles travel north to regroup. With them is a prisoner: Clancy Gray, son of the president, and one of the few people Ruby has encountered with abilities like hers. Only Ruby has any power over him, and just one slip could lead to Clancy wreaking havoc on their minds. 

They are armed only with a volatile secret: proof of a government conspiracy to cover up the real cause of IANN, the disease that has killed most of America's children and left Ruby and others like her with powers the government will kill to keep contained. But internal strife may destroy their only chance to free the "rehabilitation camps" housing thousands of other Psi kids.

Meanwhile, reunited with Liam, the boy she would-and did-sacrifice everything for to keep alive, Ruby must face the painful repercussions of having tampered with his memories of her. She turns to Cole, his older brother, to provide the intense training she knows she will need to take down Gray and the government. But Cole has demons of his own, and one fatal mistake may be the spark that sets the world on fire.
Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Alexandra Bracken blew me away with The Darkest Minds. I will forever read every book she writes, no matter what it's about. But, for the time being, I look forward to reading the third book in this series, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has not read it!

What are your thoughts? What are you waiting for this week? Let us know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. You only have a week to wait:) I haven't started this series, but I have heard good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Haven't read this series but see it around a lot! Hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the release date gets closer and closer I get even more nervous! I need this book in my life but I am so anxious to see how the series will end! I have these crackpot theories of course. I cannot wait to read it! Excellent choice!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now it's easy to get the Wicked Saints Free PDF EBooks. It is easy to read and we can read it anywhere. Thanks to the science and technology which gives ease to read books anywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!