Saturday, July 19, 2014

Quantum Spirit--Apocalypse by Sallie Haws Review

Name: Quantum Spirit--Apocalypse
Authors: Sallie Haws
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: August 13th, 2014
Format: ARC
Buy the book on Amazon
427 pages

Summary:
‘She’s gone!’ Katrina’s eyes were big as saucers. I guess she didn’t really believe that I would disappear because the color had drained from her face as she stared wide-eyed and slack jawed at the center of the circle. The others opened their eyes in awe. I felt the strength of the circle fluctuate with the drop in energy, and the vibrancy of the colors dimmed as the group’s anxiety increased causing the contraction of their auras.

Then I noticed the woman . . . ‘Hello, Salena,’ she greeted me with a smile.

‘My name is Amalya Gaian. Welcome to the Fifth Dimension.’”

Salena Hawthorne is coming of age in more ways than one. And, the changes she is experiencing go way beyond simple hormonal overload. When her “family gift” comes on with a vengeance, Salena has to learn how to channel her developing psychic abilities to stop a pandemic from wiping out millions of lives.

Her newfound gifts of reading auras and inter-dimensional travel give Salena more trouble than she is ready to handle. With the weight of several worlds on her shoulders, Salena will need to call on her family, the Society of the Silver Moon, her Spirit Guide, and a few other unexpected allies to take on the supernatural enemies that threaten their very existence.

Goodreads

My Review:

Thank you JKS Communications for sending me a copy of this book to review!
I wasn't really sure what to expect with this book..especially since I haven't read anything like it before. Overall, I really enjoyed this book..it had some flaws but overall it was an interesting read.

What I really liked about this book was how different is from other books on the market. I really haven't read anything like this before and it was really refreshing to read a book like this one. I thought the writing was flawless. I also thought the main character Salena was really great. It was nice to see a strong willed character and I thought she really grew as a person throughout the novel.

What I didn't like about the book was the mythology and the gifts of reading auras. It was just a little too much for me and out there. It just wasn't my cup of tea. I think for other people who are interested in inter-dimensional travel and auras, this would be the book for you! For me, I just couldn't really get into it.

In the end, this wasn't the perfect book but I LOVED the writing style and I'm excited to see what Sallie Haws has to offer in the future.


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!