Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday 126: The Book of Life

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine


Name: The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy #3)
Author: Deborah Harkness
Publisher: Viking Adult
Release Date: July 15th, 2014
Add the book on Goodreads

The highly anticipated finale to the #1 New York Times bestselling trilogy that began with A Discovery of Witches

After traveling through time in Shadow of Night, the second book in Deborah Harkness’s enchanting series, historian and witch Diana Bishop and vampire scientist Matthew Clairmont return to the present to face new crises and old enemies. At Matthew’s ancestral home at Sept-Tours, they reunite with the cast of characters from A Discovery of Witches—with one significant exception. But the real threat to their future has yet to be revealed, and when it is, the search for Ashmole 782 and its missing pages takes on even more urgency. In the trilogy’s final volume, Harkness deepens her themes of power and passion, family and caring, past deeds and their present consequences. In ancestral homes and university laboratories, using ancient knowledge and modern science, from the hills of the Auvergne to the palaces of Venice and beyond, the couple at last learn what the witches discovered so many centuries ago.

With more than one million copies sold in the United States and appearing in thirty-eight foreign editions, A Discovery of Witches andShadow of Night have landed on all of the major bestseller lists and garnered rave reviews from countless publications. Eagerly awaited by Harkness’s legion of fans, The Book of Life brings this superbly written series to a deeply satisfying close. 
Goodreads

My Thoughts:
I am so incredibly excited for this book. This series is not only one of the most wonderfully developed and beautifully written books I have ever read, but it also has a fantastically thrilling plot that makes it impossible to put down! While it is most definitely an adult book, I would still quite highly recommend the entire series to anyone who is interested in adult fantasy books (and, of course, if you're not too young). I feel like I have been waiting for this book for years, and I absolutely cannot wait until July!

What are your thoughts? What are you waiting for this week? Let us know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. OOoh very nice! I keep meaning to start this series! I've had a review copy of book 2 for years, finally bought book 1 and preordered book 3. Now I just gotta find time to start it! Working on getting it in my reading queue soon! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this book! But I know how popular the author is. I always see her books in Sam's Club, which is pretty great, because their book selection is pretty limited. Hope you love this one when you read it!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As this review copy is an uncorrected galley proof fendi replica, I will be unable to assign a grade to this portion rolex submariner replica of the review. However, I am able to offer some comments to those interested. The cover features a color illustration gucci replica of Ed and Al, using the manga character designs; although I am not sure whether it was actually illustrated by Arakawa-sensei herself. The English logo is used on the front and back covers as well as the spine. The new replica belts "VIZ FICTION" imprint appears on the spine. There are a few pieces of artwork inserted in the novel, but they are nothing special prada replica. I don't know if it was part of the original release, but there is a bonus chapter, "The Phantom of Warehouse 13 chanel outlet" included in this release.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!